Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Stellar Overload Alpha 3 - Blocky Blockade
Posted on June 8th, 2016 07:41 AM ESTstellar overload alpha
- Revelation of a new piece of the story: Blocky Blockade, or how the rebellion will prevail against the blockade of the Imperium Machina on Merx!
- New semi-procedural dungeon generation technique, allowing us to manually design a dungeon with procedural content variation without breaking the dungeon's coherence.
- Creation of a semi-procedural dungeon using our new dungeon editor: The Imperium fortress.
- Introduction of a first version of ingame vehicles: hoverbikes and their 3 metablocks: cockpit, thruster and power core.
- Day/night cycle.
- The planets' faces are now correctly linked together.
- Creation of planet Merx, and work on its environment.
- Creation of placeholder versions of the game's final planets, only a quick version of their general landscape. The content of these planets is absolutely not final.
- Added new creatures: rabbit, European mantis, flamingo, frog, snail, and so on.
- Added new plants: tall grass, wheat, clovers, daisy, ferns, lichen, rape, spider webs, carrots, mandrake, valerian, and so on.
- Added Clones' villages, with their houses and decorations.
- Plants clusters for a more natural world generation.
- New decorative elements in the world (rocks with lichen, and so on).
- New members in the Imperium Machina: Legionaries, Centurions, Imperator, Arkuloids T4 and T5 and automated turrets.
- Also new recruits for the Rebellion: Troopers, and story related characters you will discover in the "Outpost 47".
- The number of tiers has been increased to 5 resulting in a complete rebalancing and redistribution of all the recipes, ingredients, materials and items.
- The Imperium Machina's fortress can be captured to transfer its control to the rebellion which will then invade it and help us "clean up the mess"!
- You now need to break enemies' metablocks (like doors) using weapons or explosives in order to be able to collect them using a digging gauntlet.
- You can now craft armor items and then equip them in the character sheet.
- Some interactive metablocks, like the Imperium Machina's new doors or containers, can be locked. You will need to find an id chip to unlock them.
- Added new types of containers, it is now possible to name them in their inventory window. Their name is then visible in the 3D view.
- Added short (NeXus T1, inside dungeons) and long (NeXus T3, between planets) distance teleporters with a teleportation animation.
- Added cloning tanks to which you can bind yourself in order to respawn there if you die.
- Added new crafting station types.
- Added a lot of new functional and decorative metablocks (pictures, lights, Tesla pylons, and so on.).
- Warning, you can now die of asphyxia in space!
- The player character has been granted a second inventory page.
- Arkuloids are now easier to kill and reduced in number. Their nest are composed in majority of inactive arkuloids, and only some fighters.
- Added new multi-ammo weapons: pistol and rifle. You can switch ammunition using the X key by default.
- Added grenades.
- Improved the humanoid and android enemies' AI.
- Added a special ability to the enemies (the "Dash", a quick jump on the side).
- Added a damage localization indicator to know where the damage is coming from.
- The crosshair is now dynamic, and gives you a feedback on your precision.
- Added different kinds of damages on targets. So a type of ammunition is more or less efficient on a certain type of target.
- Improved the rendering of items' icons.
- Added a character sheet, which enables you to see the statistics of your character, and to equip an armor (C by default).
- Added an in game help, explaining in detail how the game works (F1 by default).
- Revamped the presentation of the key bindings in the control tab of the options.
- Improved the voxel lighting engine.
- Improved the application of the voxel lighting on metablocks.
- Added post-processes (Color grading) to improve the rendering of the sunrise and sunset.
- A color code has been defined to better distinguish the different tiers.
- Improved the first person view.
- Rendering is now less dark on lower graphic quality.
- Increased performances when dynamic shadows are disabled. However the world being more developed than before, it requires more resources to render, therefore you might not notice this improvement.
- A lot of new musics, jingles, sounds and ambient sounds have been added and are waiting for you to discover them during your exploration.
- Improved transitions between music and ambient sounds.
- Global sounds mixed to render them less dull.
- Sound compatibility with 5.1.
- Added letter blocks with 4 different fonts
- Added the "V" key binding to toggle the "snap to grid" tool.
- Added the "shift+V" key binding to change the alignment grid.
- Increased the maximum wall size to 126 blocks in creative!
- Improved the universes' saving and loading time.
- Some network optimization to reduce the latency when there is a lot of elements in the game.
- Reduced fps on the long run when digging a lot.
- Game crash when putting a block in space.
- Trees that can be seen from afar but disappear when getting close.
- The game crashes on some Mac computers after 1 to 2 minutes.
- Fixed bugs regarding the spawning of creatures.
- Fixed an issue regarding the invert mouse setting.
- A lot of other bugs.
- Pressing ENTER in the chat window on an empty line has no effect.
MAJOR KNOWN ISSUES:
- Sometimes, while exiting a teleporter, the player camera is stuck in the wrong orientation. Until we fix it, go back inside the teleporter in order to get the camera back to its normal state.
- Some stellar gates (NeXus T3) are spawned underground.
- Depending on the Computer's configuration (mostly with AMD CPUs), the game might freeze when using the 'Alt+Tab' key combination.( https://answers.unrealengine.com/questions/241358/amd-cpu-very-low-performance-because-ixaudio2sourc.html )
- vehicles sometimes tremble abnormally in multiplayer games.